This policy brief summarizes key findings from a survey of State Flex Programs conducted by the Flex Monitoring Team. The survey collected information on:
- The impact of COVID-19 on Critical Access Hospitals (CAHs);
- Support requested by CAHs from State Flex Programs;
- How State Flex Programs are working to support CAHs during the pandemic;
- Promising strategies develop by State Flex Programs to support CAHs; and
- The technical assistance and resources needed by State Flex Programs to support CAHs now and as we emerge from the pandemic.
State Flex Programs have played an important role in addressing the evolving COVID-19 needs of their CAHs and will continue to do so as we emerge from the pandemic. The brief also contains a link to a list of COVID-19 related resources for State Flex Programs, CAHs, and rural communities.