Offices of Rural Health and Technical Assistance for Flex
- Federal Office of Rural Health Policy (ORHP) Promotes better health care service in rural America by informing and advising the Department of Health and Human Services on matters affecting rural hospitals and health care, coordinating activities within the department that relate to rural health care, and maintaining a national information clearinghouse.
- TASC (Technical Assistance and Services Center) Provides technical assistance for the Rural Hospital Medicare Flexibility (Flex) Program in the form of information, tools and resources.
- National Organization of State Offices of Rural Health (NOSORH) Promotes a healthy rural America through state and community leadership, by developing increased communication and involvement with the 50 State Offices of Rural Health, building strong relationships with other health care groups, and finding sources of revenue to improve its effectiveness.
Rural Health Research Centers funded by ORHP
- Maine Rural Health Research Center
- North Carolina Rural Health Research & Policy Analysis Center
- South Carolina Rural Health Research Center
- Upper Midwest Rural Health Research Center
- WWAMI Rural Health Research Center
- West Virginia Rural Health Research Center
- Agency for Healthcare Research and Quality (AHRQ) ARHQ's mission is to improve the quality, safety, efficiency, and effectiveness of health care for all Americans. Information from AHRQ's research helps people make more informed decisions and improve the quality of health care services.
- Centers for Medicare and Medicaid Services (CMS) Administers the Medicare and Medicaid programs and, with the Health Resources and Services Administration, runs the State Children's Health Insurance Program (S-CHIP).
- Rural Health Research Gateway A searchable listing of rural health services research projects currently in progress in the United States and Canada.
- Directory of State Offices of Rural Health (SORH) and State Rural Health Associations (SRHA)
- Health Resources and Services Administration (HRSA) Directs programs that improve the nation's health by expanding access to comprehensive, quality health care for all Americans.
- National Rural Health Association (NRHA) A national member-driven organization whose mission is to improve the health and health care of rural Americans and to provide leadership on rural issues through advocacy, communications, education and research.
- Rural Assistance Center (RAC) A national portal for health and human services information which provides customized searches and assistance on a variety of rural topics.
- Rural Health Resource Center (Duluth, MN) Provides technical assistance, information, tools, and resources for the improvement of rural healthcare.
- Rural Information Center (RIC) Provides information and referral services for rural communities, officials, organizations and citizens to help maintain the vitality of America's rural areas.
- Rural Policy Research Institute (RUPRI) Conducts policy-relevant research and facilitates public dialogue to assist policymakers in understanding the rural impacts of public policies and programs.