The Critical Access Hospital Measurement and Performance Assessment System makes it easy for CAH executives, State Flex Coordinators, and Federal staff to explore the financial, quality, and community-benefit performance of Critical Access Hospitals.
CAHMPAS provides graphs and data, which allow you to compare CAH performance for various measures across user-defined groups: by location, net patient revenue, or other factors. We encourage you to explore the nuances of the data and develop strategies to address CAH performance. We hope that this tool will help you make the most relevant performance comparisons, collaborate with peers, and effectively allocate funding.
PDF Step-by-Step Guide:
After you log in, the system will lead you through a series of screens:
- select the type of analysis you wish to conduct (a bar graph compares individual CAHs within a year; a line graph displays trends over time)
- select which indicator you wish to examine
- define a comparison group (select state, net patient revenue, whether or not the CAHs in the sample operate a rural health clinic or offer long-term care services, government ownership status, and/or year of data)
- add up to four additional comparison groups (by clicking “add group”) and define each one as you did for the first group in step #3
- Select “draw graph” to generate the report. Hover over bars / data points to see more information.
If you wish to create your own graph using Excel or other software, you can download the data from your query by selecting “Save Data as CSV.”
Use the breadcrumb trail along the top of the screen for navigation.